News & Views

What is LTV?

4th February 2021

Lenders often talk about the LTV requirement. LTV is an acronym for Loan to Value Ratio. This is a term used to describe the ratio of a loan to the value of the property purchased. For example if you borrow £161,000 to purchase a property valued at £230,000 the LTV is 161,000/230,000 or 70%, the remaining 30% is your equity.